Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Egghead, My Valentine

Paul has a new hobby... grilling. But not just regular grilling... grilling on the BGE ~ otherwise known as the Big Green Egg. My dad got him started with this over the summer. The BGE is a ceramic smoker that uses charcoal or wood chips. A couple days before Valentines Day, he got a second Egg. I decided this would be his Valentines gift. ;) My dad then built him his own special table for his two Eggs to sit in. I think he is officially an Egghead now. After all, he even takes pictures of the food he makes on his Eggs! But I can't complain... it's all delicious! He has used it throughout our mild South Dakota winter, and so far he has made ribs (our old fave!), a whole chicken (our current fave!), potatoes, steaks, brats, asparagus, and even a pizza!

Pictured with Paul: My dad, also an owner of two Eggs, and my brother, who just received his first Egg for his birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Cool. I've never seen those before but I'd love to try some of Paul's cooking. That table is really cool, I wish I was handy with things like that! Hope you guys are enjoying your real life after residency!

    ReplyDelete