Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Winter Happenings

Just a little update on life lately... 
It's STILL winter.  Winter has never been my favorite season, but I can't say I've ever gotten sick of winter.  I like living in Iowa and getting to experience all the seasons.  But this winter, I'm kind of over it!  It has been so COLD that we've hardly been able to play outside and somedays I feel like I shouldn't leave the house at all.  So we've gotten creative....

Luckily, Ruby loves making projects: 
Marshmallow snowman


Rainbow Salt Tray


Vinegar and Baking Soda


Tracing her letters with Paint


Lots of learning...


She wrote her name for the first time ;)


Lots of make believe...



We decided to go sledding in Williamsburg one afternoon.  It was sunny and decent when we left Coralville, but by the time we arrived in Williamsburg the sun had disappeared and the wind had picked up.  

Jace was not a fan.  


Ruby had fun.  We didn't last long but she was brave and by the end of the afternoon, she was going down the hill by herself!




We made a trip to Sibley in late January.  


Apparently, Jace doesn't like sledding...


We also visited Sioux Falls while we were home.  We cheered on the Hawkeyes from Buffalo Wild Wings... 



...and had fun at Brandon and Hattie's house.  The kids had the most fun playing with Autzen's dog kennel.  Little does Ruby know that Jace WILL get her back some day.  ;)


Petting Rex, the chinchilla


Reading with grandma 



And fortunately, we've continued some of our favorite activities...whether it be cold or warm outside. 

The Children's Museum...
Ruby and her friend, Clara



...and Swimming!
It was wonderful having Scott and Nicole join me as Paul was working.  Three adults to four kids was nice when it came to swimming!




And Ruby recently had her first dentist appointment.  She did fantastic!



And my two cute grocery shoppers ;)


It was 40 degrees today and it felt WONDERFUL!  We built our third snowman of the season but have yet to capture a picture!  We also took a walk around the neighborhood.  Being outside really does wonders for my soul!  I don't think the heat wave is here to stay, but bring on Spring!  I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment