Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Ruby's First Dance Recital

Ruby participated in her first year of dance this year.  She loved it.  Four of her preschool friends were also in her dance class which was very special.  The Iowa City area isn't all that big, but it sure made me feel like we live in a very small town, having 5 girls in the same preschool class randomly in the same dance class!  Ruby was very excited for her first dance recital on the big stage, which was the stage at the Coralville Performing Arts building.  Both sets of grandparents were able to come, as well as Uncle Kenny, Aunt Carrie, Tate, Aunt Stef, and Sydney.  And of course, mom, dad, Jace, and Annie were in attendance as well.  We had nearly front row seats and a great view of our dancer.  ;)

But first came picture day.


I found this selfie on my phone ;)


Ruby and her friend Zoe.


Two of her preschool friends, Grace and Ainsley


And then came rehearsal!



She did a wonderful job on stage and even being a little shy, danced her little heart out!  

Ruby and Sydney :)  


She was thrilled to have received flowers!  





This first year of dance made me wonder what activity(ies)/sport(s) Paul and I will spend our time at in the future, watching our Ruby girl.  It's fun to be little and involved in lots of different things.  But maybe her interests will narrow as she gets older and I can't wait (well, I can) but I'm super excited for what this little lady will participate in, in the years to come.  Whatever it is, I hope she shines like she did in her first dance recital!  So precious!  

No comments:

Post a Comment