Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Spring...has it really come and gone already?

Well since summer is already half over, and Paul informed me tonight that I have a bit to catch up on... I thought I better blog about spring.  Apparently, I'm in denial that time is moving so fast and spring is already over!  So here are a bunch of pictures that share some of spring's highlights.

The Sunday School kids at church held a trash clean up day. 
Ellie and Ruby


Mom and daughter date for frozen yogurt...amazing that this was our first trip to Ghurties since it's practically right down the street! 


Our "double stroller"  ;)


Feeding the ducks at a pond near our house



Visiting the flower shop down the road for their spring open house.  Ruby and Jace got to pet lots of animals, plant a flower, and jump in the bouncy house.


We had a nice afternoon with Paul's grandparents, Papa John and Grandma Dorothy.


Mommy and Jace date to the mall and he got a ride on the carousel!  


Ruby did spring soccer again.  Her team was the White Lightning!
Charlie, Ruby, and Lauren



Watching sissy play soccer.  



One night was especially chilly!  Annie was all tucked in inside my coat ;)


Big news: FIRST PONYTAIL!  Age 4 years and 4 months
Ruby's hair or lack thereof has never worried me or bothered me.  But after some questions/comments from Ruby that really pulled at my heart (ex: will my hair ever grow?, can you do that to my hair someday?, I wish my hair was as long as yours... oh my poor thing...), I decided to ask her pediatrician at her 4 year well child check, who suggested we take her to a dermatologist.  Our appointment was mid April and the results were basically that Ruby's hair is perfectly fine and that along the spectrum of hair growth, hers is way on the side of slow growing hair.  They told us we could use Biotin or Rogaine, but we opted to do nothing since nothing is actually wrong with her hair.  She was very proud when we were able to put in her first ponytail just a few days later!  Hair, or no hair, I think this girl is about as cute as they come!  ;)


Share day at preschool


Ruby was able to take home the class pet, Hershey, for a week!  She was so excited about this and took very good care of Hershey.  




Pizza making has become a new favorite thing to do.  



Swimming is always a favorite too!



Ruby's good friend, Clara, had her birthday party at Nolte Dance Academy.  


First spring picnic!


May Day!  


Cute kids dolled up for Ruby's preschool program.  



Tea party on a rainy day


Playdate with Ainsley!  Ainsley is in Ruby's preschool class and dance class.  


Muffins with Mom Day at preschool


Playdate with Clara!


SLIME!



Ruby is slowly getting the hang of her bike which still includes training wheels.  Since I had training wheels on my bike until I was like 8... not kidding...I don't foresee us taking them off any time soon!  


Cousin love ;)


Fun with cousin Sydney...and free ice cream...at the Johnson County Ag Festival


Last Day of Preschool!  


Ruby with Mrs. Winstead and Mrs. Hested.  They are wonderful!  


Jace got to go to Ghurties for the first time!  He loved it!  


Jace also started sleeping in his big boy bed!  And he did GREAT with the transition!  Yay!  Now if only he'd be interested in potty training.  He says he'll potty train "someday soon."  
I'm holding him to that  ;)


Neighborhood water fight!


One of my favorite pics!  It was Ruby and ALL boys.  She seriously held her own!  So proud ;)


Rocket fun in the backyard




Swimming day with Lauren and Levi 



Annie received her first pedicure to match her big sis and mama. 


My brother Kenny, sister-in-law Carrie, and nephew Tate...along with my parents, came to visit.






No comments:

Post a Comment