Thursday, May 15, 2014

Sibley for the Weekend

Last weekend, I took the kids to Sibley while Paul stayed home to work nights.  My sister and brother-in-law who work on the cancer/transplant floor at Avera had invited me to run on their team in the Breast Cancer Run in Sioux Falls that Saturday.  It was my first 5K in quite awhile and it may just get me back in the mood to keep running.  It was Hattie's first race ever and I was glad I could run with her!  Brandon ran for his aunt, Cindy, who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.  We had a great time and the weather was absolutely perfect running weather.


The rest of the weekend was spent in Sibley and was pretty low-key.  The weather wasn't all that warm, but that didn't stop us from spending some time outside.



Kenny, Carrie, and Tate spent the night at my parents on Saturday night so it was great to spend some time with them as well.



It was Mother's Day on Sunday and it was wonderful to spend the day with my mom.  I think she's the best and although I wish we lived even closer, I'm so glad we can drive a few hours to be able to spend time with my parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment