Thursday, December 22, 2016

Jace starts Preschool!

Jace with his teachers on Open House night.  
Mrs. Winstead and Mrs. Hested



 Jace was supposed to start preschool at Parkview Christian Preschool on Tuesday, September 6th.  Unfortunately, he came down with a stomach bug and was unable to attend the first day. 


 So his first day ended up being Thursday, September 8th.
Handsome boy all ready to go!









 On our drive to preschool the first day, Jace asked, "So mom, you're gonna drop me off and then you just walk away?"  

Yep. that's pretty much how it works.  ;)


For those of you wondering about Froggy.  All the kids were allowed to take their favorite stuffed animal on the first day of school so Jace missed out on that.  However, he does take him every once in awhile and we just tuck him away in his backpack!




Jace attends preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-12.  He followed Ruby's pattern of having a few great days and then a few sad days.  After a couple sad days, I bribed him with having a surprise for him if he didn't cry.  It worked.  So now EVERY day, he will say, "Mom, I didn't cry.  Do I get a surprise?"
Nope!  Not quite how it works!  And he understands that and is still very proud to tell me that he didn't cry when I pick him up.  He has some great teachers who create a very fun and safe enviroment so I know he's in good hands!  I'm also on the board at Parkview Christian Preschool this year so I've had the privilege of getting to know the teachers even better. We love this place and will be honored to have six straight years with three children in this school.  

No comments:

Post a Comment